Saturday, August 4, 2007

Lesson #1 - People

So - I've now been home for a week and I'm getting to see that the Lord is not going to let me forget what He showed me in Asia.

This week's lesson - People and how I am not supposed to depend on them.

They are not my rock. They are not my purpose for being here. They are not my joy. Of course they are a great source of community and joy - but they are not what I can depend on. And He definitely made sure I realized it. Its funny, I really felt like while in Asia we had a really good understanding that I look to people way too much for affirmation and community. When really, all I need is Him. I felt like I listened as He just showed me areas that I struggle with that. I told Him I surrendered all areas and He could take who He wanted out of my life. You know when you say that and you think, 'Ok, since I surrendered, He's not going to take anyone, like you're doing it so that you can say you did it, when in reality, you're still kinda holding on?'. (Yeah, you may think I'm rambling and I kind of am, but these are just my thoughts.) So yeah, the surrender was put to the test. And He's good - I mean really good. Definitely had a relationship taken out of my life which was not at all what I was expecting. I'm not a fan as to how it was handled, I mean, honestly it hurt. But what I am a fan of...is how He walked through it with me. How He is just let me know that He was in control. That He is there and He's going to help me see the truth - not the lies that I felt Satan just trying to feed... God is so good in that He just kept telling me, 'Hollie, I am all you need. Let me be enough.' And the cool thing - HE IS!!!

So these are my thoughts - sometimes random, somethings rambling, but still my thoughts. Lesson #1 was a good one.

2 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

hmmmm, anxious o hear about it.

chavon taylor said...

i like your rambling, soon to be neighbor. i'll get a lot more in a week i hope! love ya