Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wildlife Adventure Tour

Today has been just amazing....and when I say amazing, I mean amazing. The scenery and landscape that our God provides is breathtaking. I have never felt so small in all my life. Having the sun out today just put everything in a new light...literally. It was breathtaking and I loved it. We went on a wildlife adventure tour which was basically a zodiac boat taking us through the Canadian waters... I didn't know that something so beautiful (that wasn't Carribean) existed this close to America. And was so untouched. It just reminded me of what it must have been like at creation - all this nature that hasn't been destroyed by humans yet. It was beautiful. We were able to see some seals, and a few dolphins, but the true experience was watching these bald eagles feast on these fish that can't survive the whirlpools that happen once a day due to the tides. To see one bald eagle in the wild is an experience, but to see about 20 just soaring above your head is just breath taking. They were gorgeous. Anyways, below are some pics from the tour - some of the most beautiful sights I might have ever seen.

The last picture is of seals (they kind of blend in)










We come home tomorroww...will be a long day of traveling - so pray for me. I mean, we're getting up at 4 am and driving back to Victoria, taking a flight from Victoria to Seattle and then Seattle to Dallas. Will be a long day indeed. I'm excited to see all of my friends - and the pool. Its been a long week without y'all. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hollie, I am so happy for you that you have had the opportunity to experience these new places, activities, and wildlife. We'll be glad to see you too!

Jana said...

looks like you had so much fun!!!

The Taylor's said...

i love sealssss. also i love you. but more than i love seals.