Saturday, August 2, 2008

No Fish For You - but here's a big whale and some amazing scenery!

So yesterday was a little bit of a crazy - and busy day! We started off bright and early on a whale watching tour - on one of those little zodiac boats. So fun! But so cold! It was a dreary day and a little chilly so I got to come thaw myself out after - but it was so worth it. The scenery was just beautiful! We didn't see any Orcas (killer whales) but we did get to see a large hump back - and then we got to see some black bears (Go Blalack!). They were so much smaller than I had pictured, but were so cute. I wanted to grab one and put it in our little boat and take him home...however, I was advised that wasn't a good idea. We did see a few cubs and they were so playful.

The afternoon we went salmon fishing with no luck. :-( Oh well - it was a fun experience and I couldn't have asked for a better backdrop. God has been so good at putting some praise songs in my head as I sit and just stare at his glorious creation. It really is so beautiful.

Today we are heading out on a wildlife adventure tour which should be fun. What I'm most excited about is the fact that it is sunny! YESSSSSS!!!! I've been sitting on my balcony in my swimsuit top reading trying to soak up some rays. Pitiful I know. But like I said, the secnery is beautiful and this isn't a pool - so I'm still experiencing something new. :-)

Here are some pics from yesterday - I'll try and update today's later.... Hope we see some fun wildlife!

Miss you all!






1 comment:

stephanie said...

Yet ANOTHER Jim sighting....yea!
Come back home(: