Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I'm blogging and I'm in Austin!

I never thought I would be a blogger! Seriously, I have nothing to say! But in reality, I tried a few days on myspace, and it is actually quite freeing! So - I think I'm going to do this thing - Shall be fun - hopefully!

So I am in Austin right now and it is beautiful. So good to be here and visiting my old roommate from Houston and her husband. Lindsey and Jason are so fun - and such a beautiful example of what a Godly marriage looks like. It always encourages me to be around them.

They're in the process of selling their house and yesterday, they had someone coming to look at it for the second time to possibly put a contract on it. So we all got put to work - and my duty - yardwork. Ha ha ha! If you really know me, you'll find this humorous too - I do not do yardwork. No green thumb here. And my specific duty - pulling weeds. How fitting for my life at the moment. This was so flipping frustrating. They never wanted to come out from the root. I would pull them and just the top would come off - and I had been instructed to get the root - since they will always come back....interesting. Big surprise, but I'm not a fan of pulling weeds...my hands got dirty and I didn't look too good when I was done.

So yeah - I doubt anyone will read this - but like I said - its pretty freeing. I like it. :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I read it, and I love hearing what you have to say!! Hope you're having fun in Austin and doing better! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you put your blogspot URL on Myspace, people will inevitably show up to read it! Glad that you are blogging...I've spoken to others who say that they LOVE it, maybe I should try it. It can become my new hobby! Hope you have more fun than pulling weeds while you are there! You passed by me on your way...when you are on I-35 and hit the Moonlight exit in Lorena, give me a beep on your horn...I'm about 7 miles off the highway! Enjoy your summer! Talk soon!
Gayle