Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sweetly Broken....

Hello all - so - I'm sitting here reflecting on the past 6 months, while listening to a new worship song I heard while at camp - Sweetly Broken -

'At the cross you beckoned me, draw me gently to my knees and I am so lost in words, lost in love, I'm sweetly broken, holy surrender'. Wow. Could a song be more fitting of the path the Lord has taken me on this year? How beautiful is our God? I think about the hurt and pain that I've felt, the laughter that I've had, the times that I truly have felt His presence and I am so thankful.

I am so undeserving of the love that the Lord has given me. As much as I think I've done certain things right, I haven't earned any of His grace.

So, now I sit here with such joy. A smile is on my face - regardless of how my summer ends up, I will praise Him. I will draw near to Him. I am thankful for Him breaking me, thankful for Him revealing little ways that He loves me, thankful for the encouragement He's given me through music and through friends. Just thankful to be one of His children.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh...that's one of my favorite songs!
Love you (:

chavon taylor said...

oh holls. i love you. lets hang out soon. i am poor but we can watch a movie or something!