Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Fisherman's Lodge

So - we're now at Campbell's River - which is I think the salmon fishing capitol of Victoria - I think - regardless - there is a lot of fishing going on here. We're staying at the Painter's Lodge which is a beautiful FISHING resort - I say that because this is one of the nicest resorts, however, is fully done in camping motiffe - its awesome. My room has a very 'log cabin' feel to it - definitely different from the Delta Pointe that we just stayed at. The view though is to die for - if only it would quit raining. And we have a pub in our hotel, which the fishermen apparently all come to after they've caught their fish....

Nothing too exciting to report for today - its kind of been a lazy day. We drove about 4 hours up here and I've just been relaxing. Tomorrow we have to be up early for our whale watching trip and then salmon fishing. Pray I don't fall off the boat - or freeze to death - which at this point is a real possibility.

Here are some scenic shots from Campbell River and our drive up here (notice how much of a tourist I look like - apparently I've bought a few souveniers)





And here is my hotel room...yessss - along with the view from my balcony -

No comments: