Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I do love my wine...

So today was our wine tour day - so fun! The weather was crappy - and I mean that - it was cold and drizzly all day, but I'm learning that every time I take a wine tour, that is what the weather does, so I'm pretty used to it. But we had so much fun! We were in this limo bus thing - probably holds about 12 people, but we just had 7 - me and my dad, and 5 women celebrating one of their birthdays. They were awesome. All about 50 with grown kids - and such fun personalities. It made the trip so fun bc they were HILARIOUS! And its nice to throw some new personalities into the mix....I mean, I love my dad, but when its just you and him for a few days, having some new friends can make all the difference! Plus, it made me excited to be grown up with my girl friends....and I can totally see doing that with my girls when I get older.

So - we toured 4 wineries, one big one, one cidery, and 2 small local wineries - and had our fair share to drink at each one of them. Fortunately, I've learned my limit so I knew when to pour out the wines and when to enjoy them...plus, why waste the tolerance on a wine I'm not crazy about? We drank a lot of dessert wines (ports - but you're not allowed to call them ports anymore unless they're from Portugal - I know - I learned something new too!) I'm not a fan of the dessert wines, but I did find one at the cidery that I loved - so that is one souvenier I got for myself...apparently its really good on waffles....ha - can you imagine? So - here are my pics for the day -

We're on our way to the tour - this is their Parlimant building - notice the hood - no, I'm not trying to go gangster - it was raining and this was all I had - I know, its a good look for me! :-)


This is supposed to be one of the most amazing views in Victoria - however, it rained today, so we didn't get the full effect. However, I think its pretty amazing!


This was at the cidery - where I learned so much! Did you know that cider is made from apples? And not normal apples, but cider apples? I did not. I have never been a fan of cider - well, normally - but I really liked this stuff...




And finally - this is from one of the local wineries....isn't it beautiful?


So - that was today - we're going to have dinner here in our hotel tonight and then probably relax. Tomorrow is our first whale watching tour - eeeeeeeeeee! I'm really excited, but also a little nervous on how cold I will be! Oh well, I'm sure those bright yellow slickers they make you wear will provide some warmth, right?

Hope everyone is having a great week - I miss you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun!!! I feel like I'm on a "virtual vacation"! The pictures are GREAT...keep them coming!

Sum said...

funn!!! I'm sorry about the weather! when you get back we'll have wine and waffles.