Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whale Watching 101

Ok - so I know that title doesn't really make sense, because I'm not going to teach you how to whale watch - but I just liked it. So, I wrote it. :-)

Today was such an adventure - and COLD! Our God is so amazing and has such a creative eye. As I sad on the top deck of our boat as we were driving to the spot - I was just amazed at how beautiful and big our God is. I mean, he created all of this - it was beautiful. Granted, I started to not be able to feel my nose, so I had to go below, but that turned out to be pretty great too - bc our little skipper guy taught me some great new info about whales. The place we went to has 3 pods of killer whales - or families - and they really are like families. The pods were J, K, and L - and those members are only allowed to breed within those pods - so like a male from J can only 'date' a female from K or L - and vice versa. And once they breed, the males go back to their mommas and leave the female's pod to raise the calf. Which they all do - it was so interesting!

So....I didn't get the greatest pics - they're kinda hard to catch - but here are a couple that you can hopefully see them in - plus a few shots of the amazing scenery - and then a shot of me and my dad before we left. The picture doesn't show it, but I was shivering -

We leave for Campbell River tomorrow where we're going to Salmon fish, whale watch and go on some wildlife adventure tour - should be interesting!




1 comment:

stephanie said...

Forget the whales...I am excited to have a Jim sighting! ha