Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seattle - Day 2

Yay! I've survived! Seattle really is great - and this has been a good day - but very exhausting!

First off - here is what I woke up too - this is my view from my balcony - LOVED IT!



Then I went and visited the downtown campus of Mars Hill Church and it was amazing! A very small, but 'cool' church. And you could just tell that they have a real community there. The worship was a little different, but the message was INCREDIBLE! Helped me keep things in perspective, especially on this trip - Here is a pic of the church - its great - there are homeless people literally sitting on the front steps - which meant my dad had to walk me to church this morning. Seriously, if he only knew the places I've been and how a few homeless people do not freak me out!


Then we spent the rest of the day taking a ferry to Bainbridge Island - where I felt a little like I was a part of Grey's Anatomy. For those who watch the show, there are always scenes of McDreamy and Addison on the ferry - so for a moment, I pretended that was the ferry they took - Yes, yes, I am dork, but really, is this new information? This pic is specifically for you Julie Green!


Then after the ferry rides to and from this little island, me and Dad ventured on back up to Pike Street to visit the very first Starbucks. Yes, I am that big of a tourist - and coffee drinker. It was crazy and there - and you think our Starbucks have long lines...this one was out of control! But they had it down to a a science and it only took me 15 minutes to get my latte. But it was so worth it!



So - for now - that has been my day. We're going to dinner at the Space Needle in about an hour - should be good. All I know is that the seafood in this town is amazing!

I'll blog more later! I really miss you all!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Looks like you and Jim are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I love the blogs! Can't wait to see you when you get back!

Unknown said...

Hi! Seattle is nice. My bro is living out in Seattle too. And his family goes to Mars Hills Church too!

Anonymous said...

Julie told me all about your "Grey's" experience. :)
Miss ya!