Monday, July 28, 2008

New Town - New Room

So....first off - let me just tell you - come to Victoria! It is BEAUTIFUL here! And has such a great feel to it - the people are so friendly, the city is clean, and apparently the weather is normally perfect. For me, its a little chilly - but apparenlty they're having freak winter weather. Which is nice for everyone else, but me, brilliant here only brought shorts and one pair of jeans. So this high of 65 crap isn't gonna cut it. I've worn the same sweatshirt hoodie (love my PPNT girls) and light jacket everyday - I may have to purchase a fleece in the next day or so. However, I'm not finding souvenier pants anywhere....someone should start selling those...they'd make a killing!

Anyways, I'm going to attach a few pics from the Space Needle in Seattle. We had dinner there last night and the view was spectacular. Its just like Reunion Tower where it rotates for a full view of the city...but this food was to die for. Seriously. One thing that I found interesting was that the menu I had didn't have prices on it...yet my dad's did. Apparently this is how it used to be - women never knew the price of the entree's so they would order what they wanted, versus what the cheapest item was. Well we all know I'm not one to do that anyways...but I thought it was interesting. It was good though that I didn't know the prices because I would have just gone with the house salad and water...and I still would have hit the $35 per person minimum. Afterwards though we went up to the observation deck where I really wish they would have warned me of the wind gusts and the effects they have on loose skirts...ooops! Guess I left my mark on Seattle!





So...now on to Canada - we took a ferry over to Victoria this morning...EARLY! Well early for me on vacation. So today - I am a sleepy girl. But it was fun and a different way to cross the border. So - anyways - our hotel is amazing!!! I know I've said this before, but it really is....my room has a kitchen in it - and its not even a suite! Which I'm quite thankful for - because lets face it, I'm an amazing cook and that is what I really want to do on my vacation. Its like all of my dreams are coming true. The view though is what is breathtaking. We're right on the harbor so we see boats and sea planes pulling in constantly - yes - you read that - sea planes. My dad went on one today - however, I did not - I opted to go to the historical gardens - which were so beautiful. This reminded me a lot of Melbourne - it was just so green and clean - and beautiful. AND - I went by myself, which kind of took me back to that trip as well - just being on your own being able to do what you want when you want - and meeting different types of people because you are alone. However, instead of meeting people, I decided to sit down and read and journal, well that last about 10 minutes, because sitting lead to just laying down for a second, which then led to me falling asleep. yes, I napped in a park in the middle of the Botchart Gardens....only me. But it was beautiful.

Tomorrow will be our wine tour - 5 1/2 hours of touring Canadian wineries....this is gonna be interesting!

Here is my room along with a few view shots:





Here are a few pics from my new favorite napping locale -





And finally - this is Bob. Bob likes to hang out on my balcony rail...we've become pretty close in the day I've been here....

No comments: